Monday 9 November 2009

Script, Initial Ideas Brainstorm

This was the first part of the project. I had to think of possible ideas that we could base an opening film on. Me and my group sat and thought about possible ideas that we could use. Personally I thought that this went really well. When we first began to discuss our ideas I found it really hard to think of a story line that we could us. As we discussed each other’s ideas and developed the ideas we were able to create an initial story line. As a group we thought about the initial idea, but I found it easier to think about what filming techniques and elements that we could use within the film.

Although at this stage of creating the script the ideas that we are thinking about aren’t definite and this is only the first part of creating our products, I wanted to make sure that the ideas that we were thinking of using were going to look professional and well produced. I focussed on thinking about ideas for a psychological horror; I thought that this would be an easier idea to follow due to the editing programs and the props we have.

Elements that I thought we could use included using colour to indicate the antagonist and protagonist within the film. I thought that this was a good idea as it isn’t obvious to the viewer and it would make them think. Using a monolog would also be another good idea as the audience wouldn’t actually see the killer making them think themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment